How long will my referral remain in the database?
Your referral will remain active in our database for one year, and thus you will qualify for a referral bonus for up to one year from the initial date of submission.
Are there any referrals that do not qualify for a referral bonus?
- Walk-in applicants
- Internal Promotions
- Temporary or Temporary to Permanent
- Hourly Restaurant, Bakery Production and non-professional positions
Is there a limit to the number of referrals I can submit?
There is no limit. Please continue to actively recruit for The Cheesecake Factory Inc. Talent knows talent!!
How do I know the amount of the referral bonus being offered?
Please click on the job description in jobs.thecheesecakefacotry.com/page/show/current-staff to see the bonus amount being offered. Bonus amounts may vary. We encourage you to login using your original login ID and password and provide us your referral’s basic contact information so that you claim ownership of your referral. You’ll be eligible for a referral bonus if your referral is hired within one year of the original referral date.
If there’s no bonus being offered, can I still refer a friend? How do I tell a friend about a job opportunity at The Cheesecake Factory Inc.?
If you find an employment opportunity that you feel a friend may be interested in, you can send the position to them directly by using the "Send This Job to a Friend" button located at the bottom of the job posting. You simply click the "Send This Job to a Friend" button and you will be prompted to enter your friend's email address, your email address, and any comments you would like to include. Click the send button and your friend will receive the complete job posting and your message via email.
Current Staff Applying Internally FAQ's
I already work for The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated. Can I apply for a corporate or management position?
Please talk to your supervisor about your interest in another position. After you have notified your supervisor of your interest in another position, you may apply on-line.
As a current staff member, how can I apply for a management position or corporate position?
We accept internal on-line applications for management and corporate positions at jobs.thecheesecakefactory.com/page/show/current-staff. A key word search will help you find the job you're looking for. We recommend you go in through the Internal Apply link and search for jobs by title. To apply on-line you will need a personal email address. If you do not have a personal email address, you can easily obtain one for free from Yahoo.com or Hotmail.com. Please retain your email Login and Password for future use.
How do I know if my application was received?
The application/referral process should only take about 10 minutes. Immediately following your submission, you will receive an email confirmation. Be sure to allow enough time to complete our process and follow all the steps until you reach the final page.
How can I be sure the position I find on-line hasn't already been filled?
As a talent-based, growth-oriented company, we are always accepting applications and may not have an immediate opening for the position listed. If you noticed the position on a job-board, that usually indicates we have immediate openings that we are trying to fill.
How do I find out if there are positions available at the corporate headquarters?
Please go to www.cakecareers.com to search for corporate jobs. Once there, you can search for current openings. A keyword search on the Job Search page of the Corporate section will provide you with the largest and most varied list. To find jobs in a specific department or area, we recommend you browse our job search by function.
I sent in my resume a couple of days ago. How long will it take before I can schedule an interview?
You will receive an email confirmation that your resume or application has been received immediately following your submission. If there's an open position that matches your qualifications, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
What is the interview process like?
Once we determine a match with an open position, you'll be contacted by a Talent Department representative to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview is typically followed by in-person interviews. Candidates for management and corporate positions will undergo a criminal background check. Our goal is to make this process as convenient and informative as possible and we will make every attempt to complete the process in a few days. Of course, professional references will be checked prior to an offer of employment being extended.
I'm trying to access the on-line application and it's blocked. What could be causing this?
You may need to update your browser's privacy settings. From your PC browser, select the Tools Menu/Internet Options/Privacy tab. Click the "Edit" button, and then type "taleo.net" in the "Address of the Web Site" box. Click "Allow," then click "OK" twice to close the box and save your settings.
Can I intern with The Cheesecake Factory Restaurants, Bakery or Corporate Center?
Please see available internship opportunities at www.CheesecakeInterns.com
What benefits do I receive as a Restaurant manager?
- Healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, for you and your eligible dependents.
- Employer paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Annual vacation accrual beginning at two weeks per year.
- One in-house meal per shift, plus discounts on baked goods and retail items.
How will I know when a new opportunity becomes available?
Once you login and complete either an application or submit your Profile, you will be prompted to decide if you wish to be notified via email about opportunities that match specific criteria that you have defined in your profile. You will then be notified as soon as a position becomes available that may be a fit for you.
Can I still apply to for a corporate position, even if there isn't a specific position currently available that is of interest to me?
Yes, by creating your profile and entering your skills and qualifications into the system, a recruiter will be able to perform searches based on your information. In addition, you may also request to be notified via email about opportunities that are a match.
How long will my profile remain in the database? How often should I update it?
Your Profile will remain active in our database for one year. If your personal information changes, we recommend you update your personal profile. At a minimum, your profile should be updated every twelve months.
I already have a resume prepared. Why should I take the time to fill out a profile rather than send you my
resume or go to the restaurant and apply in person?
We believe our online application process will save you time by enabling you to easily update your personal and employment information as well as apply your profile information to multiple positions. Our online application process streamlines your candidate experience and will make your skills and qualifications more readily searchable to our multiple recruiters within The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated. You can cut and paste your electronic resume into your personal profile for recruiters to reference. Our online application process allows you to:
- Create a personal profile including your contact information, skills, qualifications, and electronic resume.
- Search and apply for multiple positions.
- Update your profile as needed.
- Request to be notified via email of new employment opportunities that match specific criteria you define in your profile.
NRO DT FAQ's
How does a staff member become an NRO DT?
The requirements are:
- Must be a certified DT for at least 6 months.
- Must be in good standing, personal file will be reviewed.
- Must display a positive attitude and role model DT standards.
- Written Recommendation Form completed by GM/EKM and ADO/AKOM.
- Complete an NRO Application on line.
- If requirements are met, you will be contacted to schedule an interview/certification by your AFTM.
- Once you are approved and are selected for a specific opening, the DT will be contacted in person to discuss future opening opportunities.
The requirements are:
- Same as domestic.
- Must hold a valid passport in addition to any other required documentation to enter or depart the United States.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional performance at least one opening (training team, not support) from 2008 forward.
- Must be available to participate in a minimum of 3 openings during a 9-12 month period.
What does an NRO DT do at an opening?
NRO DTs are responsible for many aspects of an opening, including setting up the new restaurant, training and coaching of staff, subject matter expert and standard-bearer for their position. Contact your AFTM for more specifics about each position.
How long does a DT stay at an opening?
The time spent at an opening will depend on the position. The typical time at an opening will be on average 3.5 - 4.5 weeks.
The time spent at an opening will depend on the position. The typical time at an opening will be on average 5 - 7 weeks.
How many hours do DTs work?
DTs are scheduled to work 10-12 hours including scheduled breaks.
What do DTs get paid?
A daily salary is calculated based on your current pay in your home restaurant.
Do DTs receive money for personal expenses?
Each DT attending an opening (with the exception of transfers) will receive a non-taxable per Diem for every day they are away from home.
How do DTs travel to an opening?
- Fly – Depending on the distance, a DT may opt to fly to an opening.
- Drive – (locally) if the DT resides in the same town/state as the NRO, the DT will drive his/her own car (when applicable). If their home restaurant is over 45 miles/45 minutes away they would then be eligible to stay in the housing provided for the DTs.
- Drive – (out of town/state) if a DT lives in a different city and wishes to drive their own vehicle to the NRO, they will be reimbursed for mileage (round trip only) up to the cost of the plane ticket.
- Train – If the DT wishes to take a train, both their hometown and the NRO city must have Amtrak service. Also the departure date of the DT may be earlier (and is not considered a work day) due to rail travel being slower than air service.
- Carpool – If there are two or more DTs traveling on the same dates to the NRO, they can carpool if they wish, however the owner of the car will be the only DT to receive the company mileage reimbursement.
Flying is the only option.
Where do DTs stay?
- DT Housing - all traveling DTs will stay in one of the Company leased properties "DT Housing". Traditionally, DT Housing is an apartment complex but we may utilize an extended stay hotel.
- Family – the DT may opt to stay with family members that live in the area. DTs staying with family are responsible their own transportation to/from the restaurant everyday.
Can DTs apply for a specific NRO?
Possibly, this is based on NRO experience and performance levels.
Can a New Restaurant Opening DT transfer to the new restaurant?
Yes, in fact we encourage it. Please speak with your AFTM for details.
While staff can’t transfer, they can be hired by the operating partner.
What transportation is available to a DT throughout the NRO?
- If the DT drives their own vehicle, they are responsible for getting themselves to/from work every scheduled day. They would use their per diem for gas as needed.
- Rental Car – All DTs (25 or older) without their own vehicles will have use of a limited number of rental cars for use of getting to/from work and for their off time (grocery shopping, bank etc.) DTs will be issued a pre-arranged transportation schedule to get to and from work.
- Public Transportation – During personal time DTs can make their own arrangements to rent a car (with necessary licenses and be of acceptable age) or travel on any local public transit at their own expense.
What do DTs need to bring to the NRO?
- Clothes - 6 Perfect uniforms for work plus casual clothes for days off are recommended. Check local weather before departure for any additional needs.
- Personal items - Bring any personal effects as long as it is not offensive or illegal in nature, and can be packed in a suitcase that complies with airline requirements for weight and size. Also, since DTs will be gone for several weeks they will need to plan for any necessary medical and financial obligations prior to departure.
- A Fun, Hard Working Spirit!
Do DTs eat in the restaurant during breaks?
- Pre-Opening - (during set up and training) - once we start cooking in the kitchen, DTs will be able to eat food prepared in the restaurant. During training classes, DTs are expected to eat with their trainees.
- Post-Opening - once the restaurant is open for business, each DT will receive a 'Blue Ticket' which entitles them to one entrée plus thier choice of one of the following: an appetizer, a dessert or a non-alcoholic beverage daily until their departure (this includes days off).
What happens if a DT has a second job?
We welcome all and want to ensure all dTs have a chance to participate in NROs. Please contact your AFTM to discuss further.
Same for International opening. We want all DTs to have a chance to participate in NROs. Please contact your AFTM to discuss further.