- Maintains positive employee relations through respectful, open and effective two-way communication at the individual, peer and team levels.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that support key performance goals of the bakery and the strategic initiative plan for the division.
- Partners with the Human Resources and Training Departments to develop, implement and maintain effective training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, as well as provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Maintains a fair and professional work environment that focuses on the business objectives, and also balances quality of work-life factors for employees.
- Develops and manages inventory control processes and procedures that obtain a minimum of 95% absolute inventory accuracy at the product, lot, location levels as measured by a formal cycle count program. Collaborate with Finance and Internal Audit to reduce and/or eliminate physical inventories.
- Collaborates effectively with other department managers to balance flow of materials through the operation to optimize bakery performance as well as to control work-in-process inventories with a minimum of waste.
- Obtains excellent internal service results, as measured by inventory accuracy and availability, schedule attainment, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in service performance.
- Ensures that time keeping is executed in strict compliance with all applicable laws and Company policies and procedures.
- Budgets department expense, including overtime, suppliers and other discretionary spending. Ensures monthly reporting and accountability to approved budget.
- Manages the use of material and supplies to ensure minimal waste, and maximum yield while maintaining strict adherence to all established procedures and standards
- Defines tracks and improves department productivity as defined by team labor per equivalent cake.
- Oversees and manages all materials and warehousing activity to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all product and process quality parameters, approved methods, procedures, practices and systems.
- Maintains warehouse conditions and operations in strict compliance with GFSI standards.
- Works with Quality Assurance and Food Safety, as well as other team members, to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and Company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures, and practices to guarantee absolute wholesomeness of our product.
- Manages warehousing and materials operations, including the maintenance and operation of all powered and manual materials handling equipment, to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulation, as well as Company safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that all materials handling equipment operators are properly trained and licensed, with appropriate refresher training and certification.
- Leads department 5S and Safety effort, including participating in Safety inspections, managing Safety training, leading Safety work group meetings, and developing and executing Safety awareness initiatives.
- Reports to the VP of Supply Chain with a soft line reporting relationship to the Plant Director of Operations
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Business required
- APICS Certification (or equivalent) preferred in either CPIM, CLTD or CSCP
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Materials Management, preferably in a food manufacturing environment, with demonstrated success at the Warehouse or Materials Manager level.
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in automated/mobile transactions inventory control environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team and driving execution in a collaborative and compassionate manner.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.