- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
- Expert Communicator: able to read, write and communicate in English/Spanish as it relates to the job and safety regulations.
- Resolve employee relation issues, including claims of sexual harassment, discrimination and unfair treatment. Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Ensure that all positions are filled with highly motivated, top notch talent by coordinating with the Bakery Division Recruiter and other internal and external resources as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Responsible for the overall Training environment and its effectiveness. Coordinate extensively with the Bakery Division Training team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR related training programs such as new hire orientation, On-Boarding, Safety training, and policy and procedure training.
- Manage the performance appraisal and associated merit raise process.
- Coordinate with the Environmental Safety & Security team to develop and implement a world class safety program. Create an environment where Safety is of prime importance and is reflected in industry leading recordable injury rates.
- Be the Human Resources “thought leader” and a true business partner on the Calabasas leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience as an HR generalist, at least 4 of that in an HR Manager or higher level position.
- SPHR certification preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) required.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations governing human resources (FMLA, ADA, OSHA, Affirmative Action, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication as well as superb organizational skills.
- Equally adept in providing coaching and counsel to senior leaders as well as entry level team members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, strong computer and office equipment skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to act independently.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.