- Lead and develop Accounting staff of one.
- Assist with SEC filings by managing tie out process, preparing reports, ensuring accuracy and quality control (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, investor presentations, Proxy, etc.).
- Assist with quarterly financial and SOX audit by working directly with internal and external auditors to fulfill request for supporting documentation and explaining current accounting.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of Company financial statements, analytical review of consolidated results and preparation of the monthly financial reporting package. Consolidation process includes multiple entities, intercompany transactions and foreign currency.
- Responsible for royalty and investment accounting.
- Prepare stock based compensation, WASO and all other equity transactions.
- Evaluates emerging accounting pronouncements and interpretations to determine impact to the company.
- Responsible for lease accounting entries, including straight-line minimum rent, prepaid rent, deferred rent and ASC840 determination.
- Implement new 2018 lease accounting standards for Accounting and system changes.
- Analyze all new leases to determine capital or operating lease treatment.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations for approximately 300 accounts.
- Prepare and review analysis of comparisons of actual results to historical trends and budgets.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure transactions follow Company policies and are properly reflected on the financial statements.
- Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
- Work cross functionally with department heads throughout the Company.
- A master planner: you’re skilled at juggling multiple priorities at one time and keeping track of deadlines without missing a step.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, documenting everything, leaving nothing for chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift.
- Excel Savvy: You’re able to take a rough set of data and use Microsoft Excel to turn it into something meaningful.
- An instinctive self-starter: you’re naturally goal-oriented and able to prioritize and reprioritize tasks within a dynamic business environment.
- An innate problem solver: you take action with creative solutions by thinking outside-the-box.
- An effective communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear, professional manner.
- A team player: while you’re a capable self-starter, you thrive being part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with others especially on new projects.
- 10+ years of general accounting experience with sound knowledge of GAAP.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Background in the restaurant industry or multi-unit retail strongly recommended.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience effectively leading and developing staff.
- 3+ years financial reporting experience in a large public company.
- Strong Excel skills (v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables).
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to exercise professional judgement to resolved complex accounting challenges.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA required.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.