You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” list…What you may not know is how much fun Cheesecake internships are!
As a Cheesecake Public Relations Intern you will play an integral part in supporting our Public Relations department by assisting with ongoing projects and responsibilities that relate to your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a Public Relations department function by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments.
Reporting to the Public Relations & Global Branding Specialist, you will work with a Public Relations team of 2, located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting the Public Relations efforts for a global $2.3 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 38,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Provide general administrative support to the entire Department, supporting the company’s largest Public Relations campaign of the year.
- Assist in coordinating all logistics for on-air segments in target markets across the country (confirm spokespersons; proof and route briefing sheets; route clips; provide post-segment feedback, maintain library of segments and spokespersons, etc.).
- If applicable, Assist with coordinating logistics for national media segments (secure and ship materials, confirm details, order cheesecakes, etc.).
- Assist with post-campaign analysis.
- Attend and actively participate in department meetings, agency meetings & agency conference calls.
- As-directed, Label and ship gift cards and materials to media outlets.
- Participate and take minutes of meetings, calls & ideation sessions with PR agency and Mall contacts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
You’ll thrive in this internship if you are:
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Service minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Completed a minimum 1 year in post-secondary education
- Majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field (preferred).
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Interface with restaurant and corporate staff members and external guests with a positive, professional attitude & decorum.
- Detail-oriented and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must remain poised in stressful situations.
- Reliable transportation required.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.