You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list…What you may not know is how much fun Cheesecake Internships are!
As a Cheesecake Staff Relations Intern you will play an integral part in supporting our Staff Relations department by assisting with ongoing projects and responsibilities that relate to your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a Staff Relations department functions by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Staff Relations, you will work with a Staff Relations team of 15, located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting the Staff Relations function for a global $2.3 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 38,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Level 1 Employee Relations support to the field operators (investigations, staff calls).
- Case Management Input and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining and upholding company culture and standards.
- Provide best practice for policies and procedures.
- Attend all corporate alignments, department meetings, conference calls, HR development courses, and other company scheduled events.
You’ll thrive in this internship if you are:
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Service minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
- Currently enrolled as a Senior in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Majoring in Human Resources or a related field.
- 1 - 2 years demonstrated experience calling business professionals
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to organize and synthesize data.
- Pleasant and engaging phone presence.
- Detailed oriented and exceptional follow-up.
- Bilinglual English/Spanish (preferred).
- Previous experience writing and creating presentations, instructions, job aids and training materials (preferred).