You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list…What you may not know is our Finance Team is reinventing what it means to be “innovatively analytical ”.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be exposed to every level of the organization and play a critical role in maximizing financial and operational efficiencies. Partnering with our finance and operational leaders, you will facilitate world-class reporting that continuously evolves and delivers insight.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning & Analysis you will work with a Finance Team of eight, located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting a 2 billion dollar company with 190 full service restaurants and more than 35,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Prepare and review key financial reporting schedules for management on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Assist the accounting department with the month end close process and corporate consolidated billing.
- Partner with operators to provide recommendations for maximizing financial and operational efficiencies.
- Prepare complex financial trend and data analysis such as sales trends, financial and expense performance, return on investment and other business investment opportunities.
- Enable enhanced analysis through greater and more efficient access to numerous data sources.
- Maintain planning tools to support operator decision making.
- Assist in all aspects of the annual planning process from supporting the rollout of the annual planning applications and working with the field to support plan submissions.
- Perform variance analysis and summarize key findings.
- Ad-hoc reporting, special projects and other department support as needed.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A gold medal analyst: you enjoy breaking down numerical data and all other sources of information. You systematically probe for additional information to gain a greater understanding of the problem.
- A communicator: you’re capable of translating complex business requirements to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Excel savvy: you’re able to take a rough dataset and use Microsoft Excel to turn it into something actionable.
- Self-starting: you have an understanding of current project needs and when it’s time to execute on crucial tasks.
- A team player: you’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others while building team spirit across the department.
- Intellectually curious: you’re a lifelong learner; you analyze things and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve /fix them.
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis or IT business intelligence experience, preferably in a restaurant, retail, or hospitality environment.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles: ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Exceptionally strong computer skills, particularly with spreadsheet modeling (Excel) and presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Exposure to enterprise planning and/or business intelligence software such as Cognos Enterprise Planning, TM1, Hyperion Financial Management, and MicroStrategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.