You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The Shipping Supervisor Supervises all aspects of our finished goods warehouse to include, safety, housekeeping, customer order preparation, staging, and loading or our products as well as inventory management. This person must be detail oriented and possess good problem solving skills. Must have a proven record of customer satisfaction and a drive to meet the safety, service, quality, cost and people objectives of the Company.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with other departments as needed and supervises warehousing/ shipping activity to ensure timely and accurate service performance that supports company service objectives.
- Assists in managing finished goods inventory levels to optimize service, space utilization, warehousing and shipping efficiencies and overall systemic performance.
- Develops and implements new methods, procedures and systems to improve overall performance.
- Develops and manages to standard crewing levels for each position within the shipping department.
- Ensures our products are handled and stored in a manner consistent with Company policy and procedures. Minimizes waste and inventory loss and capturing all movement in the inventory accounting system.
- Ensures proper rotation of finished goods and rigid maintenance of inventory accounting systems to guarantee accuracy of data and ensure solid decisions are made based on this data.
- Organizes and supervises physical inventories and cycle counts as per schedule established by the Controller and as required to maintain integrity of inventory data.
- Supervises storage and handling of finished goods and maintains facilities in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and Company quality objectives.
- Manages minute-to-minute and hour-to-hour operational and personnel activity to ensure compliance with GMP’s and all housekeeping and sanitation standards.
- Manages the department to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulations, as well as Company safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Develops and maintains forklift safety training and operator certification program.
- Administers the Company’s progressive discipline policies when appropriate.
- Directs all personnel activities in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and facilitates appropriate communication to the Shipping team.
- Able to accept changing priorities and does not shy from a challenge.
- Promotes a team atmosphere and a CAN DO attitude.
- 5-10 years of food manufacturing and/or distribution experience, preferably in a Bakery facility with significant materials management, logistics or shipping experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivator, disciplined, strong work ethic with high integrity.
- Ability to frequently lift 35 pounds
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.