You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list…What you may not know is how much fun Cheesecake internships are!
As a Cheesecake Foundation Intern you will play an integral part in supporting our charitable foundation. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a non-profit organization functions by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments within The Cheesecake Factory, Inc. This opportunity is especially beneficial, but not limited to, those pursuing Event Planning, Hospitality, Marketing or careers in the non-profit sector.
Reporting to the Foundation General Manager you will work with a small, focused team located in Calabasas Hills, CA. The Cheesecake Factory's Charitable Foundation supports the philanthropic function for a global $2.3 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 38,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Assist in the preparation of The Cheesecake Factory Foundation's largest charitable event of the year: Annual Charity Golf Tournament & Auction, which is held June 25th.
- Event management and event operations, while interacting with all levels of our organization in a fast-paced work environment.
- Other responsibilities may include: event marketing and promotion, sponsorship coordination, volunteer and committee organization, auction item coordination and digital image compilation, guest list management, sweepstakes sales management, and other support activities as needed.
You’ll thrive in this internship if you are:
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Service minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Completed a minimum 1 year in post-secondary education.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have active volunteer experience.
- Available to work 32 hours per week for a 9 - 10 week period (mid May - mid July).
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, eleven The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.