You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list. What you may not know is how much fun our interns have during a summer experience full of learning and professional growth.
As a Cheesecake Internal Audit Intern you will play an integral part in supporting the department by assisting with ongoing projects and responsibilities that relate to your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how an Internal Audit department functions by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit, you will work with our team of four located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting the Internal Audit effort for a global, $2 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 38,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Update SOX internal control process documentation.
- Perform control testing that is relied on by our external auditors.
- Assist with the execution of various corporate, restaurant, and IT audits as well as compliance projects.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Detail-oriented and service-minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- Analytical problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Completed a minimum 2 years in post-secondary education.
- Majoring in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.