- A Clear Communicator: you’re capable of articulating information in a clear, concise manner.
- Highly Organized: in a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you easily prioritize your responsibilities while maintaining deadlines.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines, or personalities shift.
- Intellectually curious: you’re a lifelong learner; you pick things up and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve them.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- A team player: you’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and team building.
- Perform research (factual, legal, internet and other) to identify issues and relevant matters. Analyze and review documents as required by attorneys specific to case issues and determines necessary information.
- Draft complex legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys.
- Prepare written responses to governmental agency inquiries, investigations, and requests for information, including drafting and revising position statements and responses to requests for production of documents.
- Prepare for and attend depositions, hearings, trials, mediations and arbitrations. Coordinates assembly of exhibits and appendices for court papers, witness sets, depositions and trials. Summarizes deposition and trial exhibits and transcripts.
- Coordinate attendance and prepare witnesses for depositions and other court appearances.
- Manage pre-trial discovery, including preparation of discovery requests and responses, document review, organization and indexing, and preparation of document and deposition summaries.
- Assist with immigration related matters, including working with outside counsel and internal clients to obtain the proper documents for visa and work permit processing internationally.
- Assist attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters.
- Work with a variety of internal departments, including Human Resources, Operations, Risk Services, Finance, IT, Development and Marketing to ensure timely handling and completion of the company’s legal activities.
- Conduct training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues.
- Supervise and assist in the development and training of junior paralegals, law clerks and staff.
- Assist with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned, including supporting corporate and licensing and permitting paralegals.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Paralegal Certificate.
- 5+ years' experience as paralegal in corporate legal department or law firm.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; desire and ability to work effectively in a team environment; and ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with employment, insurance, immigration, and/or commercial litigation.
- Prior work experience in the restaurant industry.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.