You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The National Sales Manager – Food Service is responsible for sales of Bakery products in the Chicago area, with additional ad hoc responsibilities nationally. Responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining the food service line of products into the client base within a specific region. Retains existing clients, grows relationships with new/potential clients, and ensures the utmost of integrity while representing The Cheesecake Factory Bakery (TCFB) in these and all other relationships. In short, increases sales through excellent client relations and new client development, while maintaining the highest possible integrity.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seeks out new opportunities and sells TCFB products to appropriate foodservice partners.
- Manages existing customer relationships to maintain and grow current business.
- Meets, and/or exceeds annual budgeted sales goals
- Responsible for having excellent product knowledge.
- Communicates clearly, frequently and professionally with customers so as to ensure high retention.
- Manages and controls all associated costs within Company and Bakery guidelines and policy.
- Represents TCFB professionally in all aspects with customers.
- Supports and works selling shows, as needed in support of local brokers.
- Conducts customer and broker reviews to evaluate progress and adjust go to market plans.
- Targets and develops relationships with Regional Accounts to increase brand exposure and achieve sales plan.
- Recommends, trains and develops brokers in the market area to ensure sales growth.
- Manages the business by developing sales plans and opportunities for the market and brokers.
- Works closely with Dot Foods on targeting and acquiring new distribution opportunities
- Implements and/or maintains corporate programs in place with distributors
- Minimum of 5 years selling experience in foodservice distributor and regional account sales.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, as well as excellent listening skills
- Self-motivator, disciplined, strong work ethic with high integrity
- Ability to travel a minimum of 3 days per week
- Ability to frequently lift 35 pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.)
- Participates in industry relation functions as required.
- Will be based in the Chicagoland area
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.