You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The HR Specialist creates a welcoming, supportive, helpful and fun environment for West Coast Bakery employees. Partners with the West Coast HR Manager to support, coordinate and execute all Human Resources functions at The Cheesecake Factory West Coast Bakery which results in a fully engaged and talented workforce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the West Coast Human Resources Manager to resolve employee relations issues, including claims of sexual harassment, discrimination and unfair treatment. Conducts investigations as needed and is responsible for all documentation, terminations and any required actions.
- Partners with the West Coast Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements and assists in implementation and monitoring adherence to policies/procedures.
- Responsible for the distribution of updated communications and conducts pertinent training where necessary.
- Assists in the development and implementation of HR-related training programs such as new hire orientation as well as policy and procedure training.
- Maintenance and up keep of all personnel files
- Oversees Carpool Program, Shoes for Crews, Benefits Administration, Unemployment Claims, LOA and Medical inquiries and follow-up
- Coordinates Orientation, new hire paperwork and interviews for all new hire candidates
- Oversees 30-60-180 day reviews for newly hired Hourly employees
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
- Minimum of 2 years of HR Supervisor/Specialist experience or related experience required
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing human resources.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to act independently.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- BA preferred but not required
- PHR/SPHR a plus
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.