You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list (4 years in a row!)… What you may not know is how our Legal department seamlessly manages all of our real property assets for over 200 restaurants.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Leasing & Contracts, the Asset Manager works on a team of 13 located at the Corporate Support Center in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Asset Manager, you will play an integral role in being the primary point of contact among our restaurant managers, facilities department, accounting other Company departments, and our landlords concerning all lease issues as well as obligations under our leases and related documents.
The Asset Manager must be a clear communicator (both verbal and written), have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt to the ever changing priorities within this role.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Highly Organized: In a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you’re at ease prioritizing your responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- A Relationship builder: you are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. You easily establish a warm relationship, building credibility and an effective network around you.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines, or personalities shift.
- A Skilled Communicator: you’re capable of articulating a story in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Respond to all issues and requests from the field (restaurant managers and facilities personnel) and from corporate (Accounting, Risk Services, Executives, Legal and other departments) regarding our leases and related operational issues (such as parking, trash, deliveries, hours of operation, co-tenancies, use exclusives, etc.).
- Act as primary liaison between our landlords and the Company, and respond to landlord issues and requests both operationally and with respect to documentation (such as requests for lease estoppels, subordination agreements and other agreements) while maintaining excellent relationships.
- Validate database entries for new leases and maintain the lease administration database system, including an accurate tickler system of critical lease dates (renewals, expirations, etc).
- Assist the operations teams and other Company departments to ensure that landlords and the Company are complying with the terms of our leases.
- Assist in verifying accuracy of rents and invoices, and receipt of lease allowances and credits due to the Company.
- Prepare and send out timely notices of lease renewals, rental adjustments, etc. to landlords as required.
- Negotiate subsidiary lease documents, including contracts for valet services, storage space, interview space and other agreements as needed.
- Assist with preparation of reports on status of leases and properties.
- Maintain hard copy office files for leases and related agreements.
- 3+ years of multi-property asset management, real estate brokerage or other relevant work experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration, Finance/Property or Real Estate or Law degree preferred).
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with asset management software highly desired (Accruent/LA8/other).
- Ability to review, understand and interpret leases and other key agreements including estoppels and vendor contracts and apply them correctly to situations.
- Familiarity with real estate and retail leasing concepts, including percentage rent and breakpoint calculations, co-tenancies, use exclusives, radius provisions, etc.
- General knowledge of building and MEP systems, including basic understanding of lease outline plans, surveys, signage plans, site plans, etc.
- Excellent communication and writing capability.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.