- A Proven Project Manager: You understand the importance of project plans and are skilled at managing project activities through to completion.
- Highly Organized: In a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you’re at ease prioritizing your responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- Self-starting: you have an understanding of current project needs and when it’s time to execute on crucial tasks.
- A Skilled Communicator: you’re capable of articulating a story in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Fast-paced: You’re at home in a work environment others may call chaotic. The velocities of demands and deliverables have never fazed you.
- Provide HR field support for our restaurants. This includes investigations relating to labor, wage & hour, agency charges, litigation and staff concerns.
- Conduct compliance training and management coaching while acting as the Support Center Departmental Interface.
- Partner with field operators to improve engagement efforts. Analyze, develop and monitor performance improvement plans to include action planning, town-halls and individual training sessions.
- Complete policy & procedure changes, revisions, and implementation plans to include policy documents, communication strategies and operational roll-outs.
- Support company & leadership training programs and field executive management on-boarding.
- Ensure HR best practices are met for policies and procedures.
- Drive field Project Management (e.g. new law roll-out; new concept support; etc.)
What we Require:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years of corporate Staff Relations/Investigations experience at a restaurant, hospitality, retail, manufacturing, distribution or call center company.
- Knowledge of and ability to prepare EEOC position statements.
- Experience with the Staff Relations legal process (e.g. depositions; partnering with Internal/External lawyers).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage various projects (e.g. Implementation of Legal initiatives/law changes/ various projects).
- Track record of increased depth of HR knowledge and leadership.
- Knowledgeable of state law(s) relating to all HR practices.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A proven self-starter, well organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Able to resolve complex situations.
- Able to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employment base.
- Excellent communication and report writing capability.
- PHR/SPHR Certification.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.