You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list… What you may not know is how our team seamlessly executes payroll for 38,000 staff members in 40 states plus Puerto Rico and Canada.
Reporting to the Payroll Director, you will work on a team of sixteen and lead a team of one, located in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Payroll Systems Manager, your core focus will be to manage the successful administration, configuration and execution of the payroll, associated tax and timekeeping systems. Your ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver accurate results while maintaining a high level of customer service is essential. You will also lead project teams for integrations, upgrades, modifications, and enhancements and participate in issue tracking and resolution for all payroll systems.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A Proven Project Manager: You understand the importance of project plans and are skilled at managing projects through to completion.
- Highly Organized: In a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you’re at ease prioritizing your responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- Always Thinking 2 Steps Ahead: You understand the domino effect when critical system issues occur. You aim to be proactive, but know how to get in front of problems to contain them.
- Fast-Paced: You’re at home in a fast paced environment and are never fazed by the demands and deliverables that come with it.
- Dedicated to Timely & Accurate Payroll: You know that the end game is seamless execution of payroll and understand that after hours system opportunities may mean extended working hours.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll processing for all staff members every week.
- Identify and implement payroll process improvements and best practices. to drive process excellence to avoid errors.
- Resolve issues by providing root cause analysis and corrective action for all complex or non-routine situations for all levels of employees and management.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Super User for the Payroll Department in the field of Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits and Time and Attendance.
- Review and prioritize system maintenance and create enhancement. requests for PR module while ensuring security of PR information through established security protocol.
- Oversee the specifications, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports, and procedures for the PR module users to ensure efficient business processes.
- Work closely with the users to gather and document business requirements and apply technology to enhance payroll processes and increase efficiency.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of the data in the PR systems which include analyzing PR information flow through manual and automated processes and performing data audits on a regular basis.
- Test results of system updates and changes to ensure data integrity.
- Participate in enterprise wide projects where there is PR impact (e.g. HCM implementation).
- Work with end users to complete testing of PR systems when necessary and report on issues and findings.
- Provide first level support to end users of the Lawson and other systems, acting as a liaison between end users and IT.
- Work directly with Information Technology to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues.
What we Require:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of managing the administration and configuration of Payroll systems.
- 2+ years of team management experience, effectively leading and developing staff.
- 2+ years of experience conducting and/or managing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management; creating project plans and managing project activities.
- Payroll experience with large multi-state companies.
- Experience with Payroll/HR ERPs (e.g. ADP, SAP, Oracle, Infor, Workday, Ultimate Software etc.).
- ERP system implementation experience.
- Proven problem solving abilities and the ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Practical experience managing projects, implementing systems, and defining business requirements.
- Ability to work with other departments to streamline processes and strengthen controls.
What we Prefer:
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Payroll ERP system implementation experience.
- International payroll experience.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.