You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list… What you may not know is how our legal team seamlessly negotiates new leases and oversees lease administration for 200+ restaurants.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Leases & Contracts, you will work on a team of 13 located in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Real Estate Paralegal, your core focus will be to assist the real estate attorneys with performing due diligence, documenting and monitoring the leasing process, and assist the Real Estate Asset Manager with lease administration for all of the Company’s restaurants.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A Clear Communicator: you’re capable of articulating information in a clear, concise manner.
- Highly Organized: in a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you easily prioritize your responsibilities while maintaining deadlines.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines, or personalities shift.
- Intellectually curious: you’re a lifelong learner; you pick things up and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve them.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- A team player: you’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and team building.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Review leases, site plans and other legal documents for various issues.
- Review title reports, surveys, reciprocal easement agreements, operating agreements, CC&Rs and other title encumbrances, and other due diligence materials.
- Assemble exhibits and supporting materials and prepare final lease documents for execution.
- Input executed leases into lease management system and prepare lease abstract reports.
- Prepare general correspondence, common form documents such as a Memorandum of lease, and simple lease amendments.
- Interact with title companies and landlord real estate departments.
- Assist real estate asset manager with preparation of estoppel certificates and SNDAs.
- Track post-closing documents and arrange for issuance of title policies as needed.
- Assist in the acquisition and maintenance of liquor licenses and other business permits.
- Assist Operations and other departments with specific lease-related inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining hard copy office files and computerized lease database system for leases and related real property agreements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What we Require:
- Bachelor's degree
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate
- 2+ years of corporate or commercial real estate experience as a paralegal, including review and interpretation of leases and other key agreements (e.g. estoppels, non-disturbance agreements and vendor contracts)
- Highly computer literate; strong skills in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone, email and other written correspondence
- Superb organizational skills, highly detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and work well in a high energy environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
What we Prefer:
- Corporate or commercial real estate experience as a paralegal with focus on shopping center work or other retail leasing including experience with percentage rent
- Familiarity or experience with asset management software (e.g. Accruent/LA8)
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.