As the Executive Assistant, you will be the primary point of contact for all internal and external inquiries pertaining to the President. To be successful you must thrive in a results-driven, collaborative work environment where you will be expected to exercise sound judgement in a multitude of situations.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service-oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy, so you’ll keep our President informed and keep their sensitive information confidential.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and alter your course when priorities shift and personalities change.
- Thick-skinned: you naturally let things roll right off your back and are relaxed in the face of adversity.
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Provide phone coverage and screen/triage calls and messages. Greet and assist planned guests and manage any unannounced visitors.
- Plan and coordinate President’s schedule. Act as a “gatekeeper”, prioritize meetings and manage any scheduling conflicts. Keep the President informed of changes.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility and trust.
- Assist with meeting preparation, e.g. Preparing materials, obtaining materials in advance, distributing materials, and keeping the President on-schedule. Highlight key information the President should pay attention to.
- Prepare updates and organize information for reports, correspondence, presentations, budgets, etc. Proofread documents for accuracy, format and arrangement of material. May conduct research on behalf of the President.
- Prepare and type reports for the Board of Directors and stockholder meetings, maintaining records and confidential files.
- Arrange and optimize travel (e.g. transportation, accommodations, agenda) based on the President’s travel needs and preferences.
- Coordinate and/or assist with team meetings (e.g. staff meetings, all-hands meetings, quarterly on-sites/off-sites, team gatherings, etc.) May assist with event planning.
- Sort, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail for the President. May highlight particular information of interest and/or curate reading material.
- Prepare expense reports and manage payments for expense items.
- 5+ years of Executive Assistant experience supporting C-Suite executives within a large, complex company.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Advanced proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven ability to use discretion when working with confidential information.
- Able to adapt to competing demands with the highest level of service and response.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels internally and externally.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.