- A natural people leader: you are an executive leader adept at providing others with a clear direction, helping them see though the weeds and getting results through others. You naturally inspire, motivate, develop and empower individuals and teams while setting the gold standard yourself.
- Metrics and analysis driven: You understand that cost management and quality are paramount to any procurement organization. You have an eye for the data and can spot efficiencies in real time.
- A relationship builder: you are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. Whether they’re a type A, B or Z personality, you easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
- Adaptable: You’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to stay nimble and change direction when priorities shift.
- Lead and develop a procurement team of six comprised of both food and non-food.
- Identify and analyzes opportunities and risks, offer solutions and build successful strategies to meet business objectives within food and non-food categories.
- Drive positive results throughout the procurement team by guiding the procurement process and determining and implementing efficiencies.
- Evaluate existing and potential vendors, both foreign and domestic, across multiple criteria, including price, quality, service, availability, reliability, selection, etc.
- Develop / manage and consolidate all vendor management requirements such as innovation, cost reductions, sustainability efforts and contract compliance. (Supplier KPI’s)
- Manage the risks and uncertainties that are inherent in agricultural and commodity supply chains stemming from weather, complex processes, production, geographical and end users both domestically and internationally.
- Manage, gather and synthesize the process and business data necessary for commercializing of goods by working various cross functional teams (which include, but are not limited to) Culinary, Purchasing, Co-Manufacturers, Sales Planning and Concept Teams.
- Ensure the commercialization category obtains high levels of product adoption, customer satisfaction and lower restaurant labor cost.
- Maintain current knowledge of and analyzes financial, industry and internal forecasts for products and materials and anticipates changes in cost, availability, and suitability of goods and services.
What we Require:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Procurement
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement team management and development
- 3+ years of working experience in the food service, hospitality, restaurant or retail grocery industry
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Solid communication skills at all levels of the organization and outside the company
- Adept negotiation skills
- Broad understanding of Supply Chain Management
- Familiar with foodservice operations with a working knowledge of the commercialization/value-add process to help reduce restaurant labor and/or improve efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and strategic alliances while motivating and collaborating with both internal teams and suppliers to meet strategic objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams to ensure cost control and process improvements
- Strong business acumen to direct well-defined processes that can be standardized and improve visibility. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong personal ownership to supply chain performance and effectively works through barriers to implementation.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.