You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list (four years in a row!)…What you may not know is that we pride ourselves on developing from within.
As Head of Talent & Leadership Development, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, you are the subject matter expert owning Talent & Leadership Development with exposure to all levels of the organization across more than 200 restaurant locations and over 38,000 staff members within a 2 billion dollar company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- You will bring a variety of contemporary leadership development ideas to the mix which will inspire our staff members and leaders to enhance their skill sets and maximize their potential.
- Implement strategies as well as customized learning options such as ‘Future Leader’ programs, classroom workshops, webinars, and online learning for both Field and Corporate development.
- Build strong relationships with leaders across our corporate support center and restaurant locations nationwide in order to assess talent, create effective development strategies and bring new leaders to the forefront of the organization.
- Ensure that our succession planning, talent review and performance management tools are meaningful and optimized for both participants and management.
- Evaluate the talent pipeline using analysis to determine opportunities to strengthen our candidate pool.
- Couple your talent & leadership expertise with our restaurant operational knowledge in order to create relevant classroom learning sessions.
- Deliver team building, interventions, curriculum, and coaching to both individuals and teams across the organization.
- Utilize best-in-class talent development processes for assessment, design, development, communication, delivery, metrics, and reporting.
- Partner with outside vendors to provide on-going tools such as 360 assessments assuring integration with existing strategies and programs.
What you get to do in your first 6 months:
- Dive in on Talent Planning and Succession Planning - You will oversee the talent planning process and lead efforts to build on the current programs.
- Lead HiPo Programs - Pick up the ball on the Emerging Leaders, Women’s Network and other HiPo programs, get to know the stakeholders and shore up the leadership.
- Facilitation and Coaching - As you learn the organization you will identify needs and deliver coaching and facilitated workshops to develop critical talent.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A natural people leader: you are a leader and coach adept at providing others with a clear direction, helping them see though the weeds, inspiring, motivating, developing and empowering them.
- A seasoned presenter: you are a skilled orator and confident public speaker. You are able to intuitively respond to the needs, reactions and feedback of an audience while projecting the utmost credibility.
- Known as an expert in the field: you maintain a deep, strategic knowledge of the current talent & leadership landscape, particularly trends and contemporary developments.
- A thought leader: you are recognized as an authority in your field and have expertise that is sought after, making you an effective leader able to prioritize short term solutions and formulate a long-term vision.
- Relationship builder: you are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. You establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive talent management and learning & development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Advanced degree in Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related discipline is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of management, leadership and learning & development theories and concepts.
- Advanced training and presentation delivery skills.
- Coaching experience, or ability to manage external coaches appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge of competency development is a plus.
- Web-based training program implementation/management experience a plus.
Benefits:This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
About Us:Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.
Job ID: 1700937
Location: Calabasas, CA US,