You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all production activity (including mixing, depositing, baking, freezer loading and unloading, slicing, finishing, ingredient preparation, whipped cream production, hand shop finishing, high speed and secondary line finishing, packaging and labeling) for one area on one shift, five to six day week operation, to meet company service, quality, cost, safety and people objectives.This includes development, implementation and monitoring of programs for SQF, HACCP, product tracking, supplier certification and measuring quality and safety of ingredients, WIP and finished product, programs to measure process control and adherence to specifications, for programs to measure controls for the environment.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait. Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re capable of self-management, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
- Expert Communicator: able to read, write and communicate in English/Spanish as it relates to the job and safety regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises production activity to ensure compliance with all formulations, specifications, methods, procedures and practices so that product quality meets all specifications and standards for wholesomeness, appearance, dimension, weight, flavor and texture.
- Manages to standard crewing levels for each position within area of responsibility.
- Uses performance feedback information based on standard line speeds and productivity rates to optimize work group productivity and labor efficiencies.
- Manages material usage to ensure minimal waste and maximize yield while maintaining strict adherence to formulations and specifications.
- Works with receiving and purchasing functions to ensure proper rotation and optimum inventory levels for all materials and supplies.
- Supervises minute to minute and hour to hour operational and personnel activity to ensure compliance with GMP's and all housekeeping and sanitation standards.
- Maintains 900 "Superior" score or better for AIB sanitation inspections.
- Supervises operation to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulations, as well as company safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Records and tracks employee attendance and administers company attendance policies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervises employee performance, recognizing and rewarding positive contributions and exercising the company's progressive discipline policies when applicable.
- Trains and develops employees to support key performance goals for the company as well as providing a satisfying and rewarding work environment.
- Directs all personnel activities in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Proven effective supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience in food manufacturing management, preferably in the bakery/dessert industry with demonstrated success at the supervisor level.
- Strong quantitative and interpersonal skills with the ability to think critically.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in the field of science (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or Technology).
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2015, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 185 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.