You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
This position ensures proper maintenance and operational status of equipment associated with the Bakery. Affected equipment includes building structures, manufacturing equipment, and support systems utilized by the plant.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventive maintenance of all facility and grounds equipment
- Maintenance of all facility, grounds and utility equipment
- Maintenance and Overhaul of plant production equipment as needed
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprints and Drawings
- Ability to read and interpret Precision Machine Tools
- Ability to properly set up and use Machine Shop Tools and Equipment to fabricate parts
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on all plant equipment and utility equipment.
- Research parts needed for work/repairs and properly utilize the Parts Inventory and Work Order systems.
- Cover areas of the plant as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Completion of project work as needed or required.
- Understand and follow all Plant and Department Safety rules and programs.
- 8-10 years of general maintenance and repair experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of building and equipment maintenance/repair techniques.
- Skill in applying building and equipment maintenance/repair technique.
- Significant experience with conveyors, mixers, depositors, slicers, packaging equipment (Tonelli, Unifiller, FoodTools, ADCO, Shanklin) LOTO, GMP, AIB, SQF.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- Maintenance experience in a food manufacturing, specifically a bakery, is a plus.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.