You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The Supply Chain Manager will assist the VP, Supply Chain to ensure that supply chain capabilities continuously evolve to meet business priorities, deliver cost targets and facilitate development of sales forecasting. This position will be responsible for ensuring that Bakery inventories of raw materials and finished goods are maintained at target levels based on demand forecasts, develop and manage metrics associated with purchasing, supplier performance and cost management. The Supply Chain manager will have direct interaction with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Logistics, Procurement, Quality Control, Technical Services, Sales and Marketing, and Human Resources.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and creates reporting against key commodities and contracts for the bakery. Average pricing, YOY reviews, PPV analysis, contract compliance, balance remaining, request quotes, etc.
- Performs quarterly Spend Analysis to identify opportunities to improve sourcing for major commodities and costs
- Assists in sourcing for new items and opportunities identified from Spend Analysis:
- Work with corporate category experts on RFP and analysis if appropriate
- Assists other department leaders in sourcing and contracting indirect (MRO ) items
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Collects Quality concerns with inbound ingredients in a systematic manner
- Monitors claims with suppliers and carriers:
- Track to ensure we recover from all claims. Work with other departments to ensure full data is collected for major claims.
- Works with Sales, Distribution and Finance to create finished goods sales forecasts:
- Prepare quantitative preliminary forecasts from historical data
- Monitor and report on forecast accuracy
- Manages purchasing process (with Purchasing Coordinator and Supply Chain Specialist) on daily placement of orders being a backup as needed
- Assists in developing material and packaging costs for standards and quarterly updates
- Develops supplier scorecard in partnership with Quality:
- Use ERP to capture data for on-time complete orders
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Deals with all team member issues in accordance with Company Policy and Agreements.
- Ensures the training and development of direct reports
- Manages time and attendance via KRONOS. Ensures that time and attendance is accomplished correctly and on-time weekly.
- Motivates and coaches team members to operational success as well as a high level of engagement as determined by the annual engagement survey.
- Consistently promotes high standards through personal example so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Works in a positive and constructive manner with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities. Provides support and input to continuous improvement, 5S, and Baldrige Manufacturing Excellence activities within the Bakery team
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or, equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Certification by APICS, ISM, CSCMP or SCOR preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of business management experience in Supply Chain including, but not limited to, Product Supply, Demand Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and Materials Management.
- Analytical and planning skills to establish supply requirements.
- Ability to set, manage and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Proficient in ERP Systems (Ross, SAP, Oracle, et cetera), and implementation of planning systems (APS, MPS, MRP)
- In-depth understanding of the End-to-End Supply Chain flow and inter-dependencies across functions.
- Knowledgeable in Manufacturing Operations and has a clear understanding of how to deliver both operational and Supply Chain KPl's simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, experience working with opposing business priorities, the ability to work in a matrix leadership environment and competency in translating marketplace dynamics.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter able to partner and communicate across functional levels.
- Results Orientation – ability to create better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are possible and can be replicated.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.