You may know us as a company with great food…
You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list… #GreatPlaceToWork2017 #SoCheesecake
What you may not know is that our menu is fresh and made from scratch ingredients, making each of our kitchens a place for culinary excellence!
Reporting to the Executive Kitchen Manager, you will work with a culinary team highly respected in the industry for producing delicious, memorable food.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Ready to embrace technology: You will work with state of the art kitchen systems and kitchen equipment and learn advanced cooking techniques.
- A dynamic leader: Ready to listen, ready to solve problems and never too busy to smile and celebrate exceptional performance.
- A Culinary perfectionist: At The Cheesecake Factory, it’s all in the details and YOU never miss a detail!
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:Qualifications
- Manage one of our Kitchen workgroups, Prep, Line or Dish. Be an inspiration and motivate daily excellence in culinary operations.
- Use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals through skillful management in the categories of labor, food cost and kitchen supplies.
- Recruit, interview and hire talent into our kitchen staff.
- Train, mentor and develop staff members so that they can reach their career goals with our growing company. 40% of all kitchen management hires are promoted internally.
- Have fun in a fast paced environment!
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
- Culinary school background a plus
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Ability to work ten hour-plus shifts with the ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation
Benefits: This position offers industry-leading benefits and an average 55 hour work week with 2 days off consecutively.
Location: This position is located in Stamford, CT. near New York City, NY.
About Us: Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
Job ID: 1700889
Location: Stamford, CT US,