Grand Lux Cafe is always looking for talented, passion-driven managers to add to our team. We are opening restaurants and building teams across the country, so if you are open to relocation please be sure to indicate for which regions you would like to be considered.
- Ready to embrace technology - You will work with state of the art kitchen systems and kitchen equipment and learn advanced cooking techniques.
- A dynamic leader, ready to listen, ready to solve problems and never too busy to smile and celebrate exceptional performance.
- A Culinary perfectionist - At Grand Lux Cafe, it’s all in the details and YOU never miss a detail!
- Manage one of our Kitchen workgroups, Prep, Line or Dish. Be an inspiration and motivate daily excellence in culinary operations.
- Use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals through skillful management in the categories of labor, food cost and kitchen supplies.
- Recruit, interview and hire talent into our kitchen staff. Train, mentor and develop staff members so that they can reach their career goals with our growing company. 40% of all kitchen management hires are promoted internally.
- Have fun in a fast paced environment!
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
- Culinary school background a plus
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Ability to work ten hour-plus shifts plus ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation
Benefits:This position offers industry-leading benefits and an average 55 hour work week with 2 days off consecutively.