- Are Driven: Your self-motivation powers you through your responsibilities and beyond. You also have the innate foresight to see issues before they happen and be proactive to prevent them.
- Are a Natural Project Manager: From the hands-on, to the people management to the administration- you’re adept at pulling a project together successfully while meeting deadlines.
- Live and Breathe Facilities Maintenance: You don’t hesitate to trouble shoot issues after hours because you understand facilities emergencies can happen at all hours, day and night.
- Are At Home in a Fast Paced Environment: The many Cheesecake upgrades, program rollouts and repairs rush around you and demand your attention. Some may call it chaotic, but to you, it’s just another day in the office and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Conduct routine inspections of assigned region (Northern CA, NV, UT, ID, OR, WA / approx. 20 restaurants), ensuring “Like New” condition for each facility and provide a safe environment for our guests and staff.
- Research, hire, and develop vendors to make proper repairs per company standards.
- Prepare scopes of work for vendors and review bids, ensuring vendors are using correct materials and adhering to company standards.
- Oversee large capital expenditure projects and equipment change outs.
- Conduct routine inspections of all mechanical equipment, cooking equipment, water systems, etc.
- Ensure facility is a pest free environment.
- Support and help maintain operations use of Service Channel (our on-line work tracking system).
- Act as liaison between landlords, tenants and restaurant operations while maintaining positive relationships and resolving issues that arise.
- Respond to all emergency situations and fully coordinate any work needed to resolve the emergency.
- Provide weekly status reports to Director of Construction for review with Facilities team during weekly conference calls.
- Coordinate new restaurant openings which include interviewing new vendors, setting up preventative maintenance programs, executing contracts and turning restaurant over to operations without interruption.
- Resolve disputes between restaurant management and service vendors to expedite unresolved repairs, preventative maintenance, invoicing etc.
What we Require:
- 3+ years of experience in Facilities Management.
- Strong understanding of general construction trades, HVAC, refrigeration systems and cooking equipment.
- Reside in the San Francisco Bay area and be able to travel 80% of the time (driving and flying).
- Able to be on call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills.
- Able to plan, expedite, and follow-up on all types and sizes of projects.
- Prior experience working with Service Channel or similar Facilities Management Software.
- Restaurant experience.
- Background in a major construction trade (e.g.: mechanical/electrical, refrigeration, etc.).
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.