- An effective communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, one-on-one or in-front of a group, you present information in a professional manner.
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it be over the phone or in person.
- Principled: Have the ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employment base
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when collaborating and brainstorming with others.
- Provides support, advice and counsel to key stake holders, Operations Leadership, and employees regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws and provides recommended courses of action.
- Supports investigations and inquiries involving a broad range of business management subject matters and/or personnel situations (e.g. claims of harassment, policy violations, etc.).
- Administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, counseling supervisors and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures.
- Monitors business practices and applies knowledge to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and company guidelines, laws and employment regulations.
- Model and teaches the company’s core mission, vision and values while practicing and promoting integrity and ethical behavior.
- Create Key Reporting utilizing the case management system, Ethics Point for analysis
- Analyze and dissect Data/Case Analysis to support investigative findings
- Ensure adherence to company and legal processes for policies and procedures.
What we require:
- A minimum of 3 years of Employee Relations/Investigations experience required
- Knowledgeable of state law(s) relating to all HR practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage various projects
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to resolve complex situations
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employment base
- Excellent communication and report writing capability
- Team player a must
- PHR and/or SPHR Certification
- Bilingual in Spanish
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.