- An Experienced People Manager: you’re at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their full potential.
- A GAAP guru: you possess solid working knowledge, along with experience working within the “Accounting standards”.
- A Skilled Time Manager: deadlines are a key part of an Accountant’s life, especially at a publically traded company. You confidently charge toward them with proper planning and execution.
- A Strong Communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear, professional manner. You also understand keeping your manager in the loop is critical to the team’s success.
- Lead and develop Accounting staff of 3.
- Responsible for base rent, percentage rent, CAM and tax reconciliations and tenant improvement allowances for 210 landlords using Accruent Real Estate Manager.
- Work with landlords and our internal legal department to resolve financial issues such as CAM and tax reconciliations and landlord audits.
- Responsible for lease accounting entries, including straight-line minimum rent, prepaid rent, deferred rent and ASC840 determination
- Implement new 2018 lease accounting standards for Accounting and system changes.
- Analyze all new leases to determine capital or operating lease treatment.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations for approximately 300 accounts.
- Manage the month-end P&L review of 210 restaurant cost centers.
- Prepare and review analysis of comparisons of actual results to historical trends and budgets.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure transactions follow Company policies and are properly reflected on the financial statements.
- Assist with SEC filings by preparing reports, ensuring accuracy and quality control.
- Assist with quarterly financial and SOX audit by working directly with internal and external auditors to fulfill request for supporting documentation and explaining current accounting.
- Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
- Work cross functionally with department heads throughout the company.
What we Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of general accounting experience with sound knowledge of GAAP.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience effectively leading and developing staff
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to exercise professional judgement to resolved complex accounting challenges.
- Strong Excel skills (v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables).
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4, private blend background
- Lease accounting experience
- Background in the restaurant industry or multi-unit retail strongly recommended
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.