You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list… What you may not know is how our team seamlessly executes payroll for 38,000 staff members in 40 states plus Puerto Rico and Canada.
Reporting to the Payroll Director, you will work on a team of 16 and lead a team of 3, located in Calabasas Hills, CA. As the Payroll Manager, your core focus will be to manage and develop your team, lead process improvement efforts and manage the SOX process. This is an excellent opportunity to make an immediate and long term impact on the payroll processes and execution at a $2.3B publicly traded company.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- An Experienced People Manager: You’re at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their full potential.
- An Improvement Specialist: Whether it’s fixing a step in a process or thinking more broadly about resource availability, you thrive when given the reigns to create efficiencies.
- A Payroll Guru: You seek to maintain deep, strategic knowledge of the Payroll function, landscape, and industry developments.
- Process-Driven: It’s second nature for you to assess a goal and create a scalable, repeatable model that accurately gets the job done every time.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Lead and develop a team of 3 (Payroll Specialist, Payroll Admin, Garnishment Specialist).
- Manage compliance related to Corporate Payroll, Bakery Payroll, Garnishment and International processing that aligns with SOX and internal audit requirements.
- Be a key contributor in projects impacting payroll and garnishments (E.g. ERP implementation, Kronos governance, paycheck compliance)
- Identify and implement payroll process improvements and best practices to drive process excellence to avoid errors.
- Resolve issues by providing root cause analysis and corrective action for all complex or non-routine situations for all levels of employees and management.
What we Require:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of payroll experience with large multi-state and international companies, including responsibility for payroll processing, payroll audits, issue resolution and garnishments.
- 6+ years of team management experience, effectively leading and developing staff
- Working experience with Payroll/HR ERPs (e.g ADP, SAP, Oracle, Infor, Workday, Ultimate Software etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office, Advanced skills in MS Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Prior experience working with the Federal and State garnishment agencies
- Able to identify, develop and optimize new payroll processes
- Strong focus on customer service
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.