You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list… What you may not know is how our Tax team is reinventing what it means to have a passionate eye for detail.
As the Tax Accountant, you will experience all aspects of a corporate tax department while focusing on sales and use tax and being mentored by our seasoned team. You will be exposed to a wide range of sales & use tax, unclaimed property and property tax projects.
Working in a complex multi-state and multi-unit environment, you will interact with multiple departments across the organization, including; Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance, IT, Audit and Restaurant Operations.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, you will work on a team of eight, located in Calabasas Hills, CA, while supporting the Tax efforts for a 2+ billion dollar company. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team that is working on new and interesting projects.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- A master planner: you’re skilled at juggling multiple priorities at one time and keeping track of deadlines without missing a step.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, documenting everything, leaving nothing for chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift.
- Excel Savvy: You’re able to take a rough set of data and use Microsoft Excel to turn it into something meaningful.
- An Explorer: you are curious by nature and never hesitate to research and probe for answers, even if it means you have to channel your inner Marco Polo.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Timely filing of over one hundred sales and use tax returns within 37 states encompassing over 11Million dollars per month using CORPSales software
- Review over four hundred monthly fixed asset & NRO purchases for use tax liabilities
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for Sales & Use tax liability accounts for over 200+ restaurants.
- Support state and local sales & use tax audits by researching data and reaching out to restaurant operations and corporate staff to collect additional data.
- Online research of various new sales & use regulations and issues
- Collaborate with our Restaurant Systems team to review point-of-sale system tax set-ups and rate changes
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ plus years of Accounting and/or Sales Tax experience
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience managing tight deadlines for multiple projects
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Accounting and/or Sales Tax experience in a multi-unit, multi-state business
- Experience with CORPSales or similar software
- Experience with Lawson general ledger or other ERP
- Experience with web-based tax research databases
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.