You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is how our IT Service Desk skillfully supports users at 200+ restaurants and our Corporate Support Center.
As the Service Desk Manager, you will play a crucial role on our IT support team. Your focus will be to design and re-implement our Service Desk, including updating all processes, implementing a new ITSM tool, and building staff capabilities. You will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. You will also be responsible for staffing capacity planning, performance analysis, developing proactive resolution plans and ITSM Service Desk process design. Ongoing, you will oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure end users receive the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. You will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary. This is an excellent opportunity to build a high performing team in a high impact role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the processing of incoming tickets from our restaurants and corporate support center to the Service Desk via both e-mail and escalation from third party to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Manage the overall Service Desk activities and staff.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Attend Change Management and Steering Committee meetings as requested.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Assess needs for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Attend, as required, training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future ITSM-based Service Desk issues and technologies.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are…
- An Experienced People Manager: You’re at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff realize their potential.
- An Effective Communicator: Whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear, professional manner. You understand your audience and can easily shift your presentation style so it is understandable to all.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-starter, you thrive being a part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with others especially on new projects.
- An instinctive self-starter: You’re naturally goal-oriented and able to prioritize and reprioritize tasks within a dynamic business environment.
- Exhaustively meticulous: You have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing for chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Service oriented: You understand that our Staff are your customers and keeping their IT systems up and running is paramount to the business.
- A Skilled Problem Solver: You take action and think outside-the-box to find solutions and extend the application of your resources.
What we Require:
- College Diploma or University Degree in the field of computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing an IT help desk team.
- Extensive infrastructure and application support experience using LanDesk Remote Management (or equivalent system) and Track-IT (or equivalent system).
- Able to investigate and research point-of-sale and related computer and networking issues and products as required.
- Extensive knowledge and support experience with common productivity applications.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs, phone and network equipment.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Ability to effectively apply conflict and risk management techniques.
What we Prefer:
- ITIL v3 certification and/or formal training in ITIL/ITSM.
- Experience recommending solutions for point-of-sale and related computer and networking issues and products.
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.