Join an award winning company! The Cheesecake Factory - one of Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Employers.
Do you love the feeling of being behind something Great? Knowing that you’re Craftsmanship and Passion helped create not just something Amazing! But also Delicious! at the same time.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment with team members who share your passion for perfection?
Do you want to work for a company where your daily contributions play a huge role toward the success of our product and our restaurants? If so, we would like to hear from you!
QA Floor Technicians at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery are members of a high performing team that produces approximately 70 varieties of cheesecake for our restaurants and retailers nationwide.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure every product produced on the line meets product specification the first time it is produced. Responsible for the activities involved in assuring the quality of all products deposited, topped, set up, finished, and packaged during various shifts, areas, and work week to meet company demands. Enforce policies and procedures to support compliance with GMP and Food Safety.
- Participates in Quality Huddles and meetings, providing input and necessary updates
- Assures GMP compliance and Food Safety on the production floor at all time
- Monitor set up of production lines, offering quality assurance support including, but not limited to inspection, swabbing, tagging, and equipment set up
- Supervises line clearance, ensuring the line clearance has been correctly executed
- Verifies accuracy of labels and product information printed on packaging material
- Verifies cleanliness of equipment using established inspection procedures and ATP and allergen swabbing utilizing ATP machine and heat block
- Verifies calibration of scales, checkweighers, metal detectors, and thermometers being used in production areas
- Issue and/or monitor quality assurance documentation used in production areas
- Completes all required documents with accuracy and legibility
- Inspects products being produced on the line to assure they meet quality standards
- Take, record, and or verify weights, temperatures, appearances, and other quality attributes and log all data on required forms at required frequencies
- Inspect appearance of cakes, ensuring gold standard appearance according to product specifications
- Coach production team members in cases of out of specification product
- Coach team members on proper technique and any adjustments needed to ensure product meets specification
- Work in conjunction with 100% inspectors, as well as production team members to ensure top quality products are produced
- Assist production in troubleshooting quality problems on the line
- Act to stop production lines whenever quality/food safety issues arise
- Work closely and communicates effectively with staff on lines and leaders/supervisors concerning quality and food safety issues and gives direction and instruction to effectively correct issues
- Maintains a professional working relationship with production and quality employees as well as other departments and management
- Initiates HOLD of products and ingredients that do not meet quality standards and equipment whenever necessary, ensuring completion of necessary paperwork
- Enter data accurately and manage quality databases associated with HOLDS, foreign material, and equipment damage
- Communicates improvements and or recommended changes to specifications to the Quality and Technical Service departments
- Supports thorough training of new staff members in the quality and production departments to ensure all policies and procedures are accurately conveyed
- Obtain product samples for microbiological testing and product review, ensuring that products are placed in designated areas for laboratory technicians
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Excellent communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Proficient Qualifications
Preferred but not required:
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
- Experience in Food Manufacturing, Food Safety, Food Quality Industries
Mental, Physical, and Essential Job Functions:
Mental: Ability to stay focused and alert; ability to stay calm in situations of heightened activity and stress
Physical: Ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to walk for long periods of time; ability to hear, speak, write, bend, stoop, reach, and twist; ability to carry loads up to 50 lbs; ability to push carts
Essential: Ability to exercise clear and concise communication; utilize basic math skills; ability to read, follow, and organize paperwork; team player; use of common sense and understanding to carry out routine tasks with appropriate follow-up
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals so classified.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 185 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide.
The Cheesecake Factory Bakery Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
There are common allergens present in our bakery facilities associated with the production of our World Class cakes and desserts. Some of these allergens are Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Tree nut, Peanut, and Coconut.