- Serve as the corporate project manager for The Cheesecake Factory Inc’s SOX compliance program and act as a central point of contact for all SOX compliance related matters and governance. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing annual SOX planning, business process walkthroughs and periodic controls testing to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls over financial reporting at the corporate level
- Preparing control deficiency aggregation analysis, reporting to senior management and managing, tracking and facilitating the successful remediation of all control deficiencies o
- Developing strong professional relationships with external auditors, that will involve coordinating walkthroughs and testing and providing them with direct assistance in specific areas
- Plan and execute internal audits, including scoping, performing fieldwork, and reporting on various Corporate and Operations processes to senior management
- Evaluate operational efficiencies and recommend process improvements as part of audits and assessments.
- Maintain internal audit objectivity in all assignments while developing and maintaining effective and valuable business partnerships.
- Successfully leverage internal and external subject matter experts as needed.
- A Strong Project Manager: You successfully apply your knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to successfully meet project requirements.
- An Exceptional Analyst: You consistently demonstrate logical thinking in order to gather and analyze a variety of information.
- An Effective Communicator: Whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear and professional manner. You are able to establish strong relationships with colleagues in all areas of the company.
- An Innate Problem Solver: You take action with creative solutions by thinking outside-the-box
What we require:
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- CIA or CISA designation (CPA preferred)
- 6+ years of progressive audit experience
- 3+ years of hands-on SOX experience
- 2+ years of public audit experience at a Big 4 or large regional firm
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.