You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that our Food Safety team is the industry’s gold standard!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of QA & Food Safety, the Sr. Specialist Food Safety Quality Systems plays an integral role in training our restaurant staff, management and leadership staff in food safety and sanitation.
You will directly contribute to creating training material and standard operating procedures (SOP) as they pertain to food safety and sanitation. You will also be a liaison to the health departments as well as third party food safety auditing partners. This is an excellent opportunity if you’re looking to join a high performing team, work on innovative projects/pilots, and help ensure our guests enjoy safe, high quality food.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Monitor daily health department reports and third party food safety audits and follow up on critical corrective actions.
- Field and respond to queries from the restaurants and leadership regarding food safety and sanitation.
- Travel to restaurants to assess and provide food safety training to staff and management teams.
- Create and present workshops for staff training pertaining to food safety and sanitation.
- Create food safety and sanitation training material and SOPs for staff and management.
- Contribute to new innovation pertaining to food safety and assist in the implementation of pilot programs.
- Assist Operations in complying with existing and new food safety regulations.
- Assist the QA Food Safety Team with other projects and programs, e.g., product Recall and Withdrawals, Pest Control, laboratory testing
You’ll thrive in this position if you’re:
- Autonomous: The team flourishes when you are given the freedom to manage your responsibilities in a way that suits your personality and skillset. You regularly come up with innovative solutions that enable the company to be more competitive.
- An Effective Communicator: Whether it’s verbal or written, you present information in a clear and professional manner. You are able to establish strong relationships with colleagues in all areas of the company.
- An Innate Problem Solver: You take action with creative solutions by thinking outside-the-box.
- An Ideator: You’re always thinking outside-the-box to create solutions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
What we require:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in restaurant food safety or related field (e.g. 3rd party food safety auditing or health department)
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Working knowledge of HACCP
- Solid understanding of kitchen operations or back of house restaurant experience
What we prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Environmental Health or related field
- HACCP, Food Safety and/or SQF certification or other credentials related to the field
This position offers industry-leading benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical after five years of employment for qualifying staff members.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year,The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations; we do not provide work visa sponsorship.