You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility.
At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
The Training Specialist will support the career development and performance improvement of Bakery staff by independently and collaboratively implementing training initiatives and a wide variety of general and specific training programs. This role requires someone who can project manage, deliver and implement existing programs and work with Bakery Operations to design and deliver new programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and organizes training manuals, technical training courses, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
- The primary point of contact for DT training including scheduling, coordination, execution and tracking of training hours
- Conducts needs assessments and identifies performance gaps
- Interviews subject matter experts
- Proposes recommendations for curriculum improvements
- Develops instructional materials using a variety of different media
- Manages core program delivery and ensures effectiveness for content and for the group of learners
- Trains and coaches facilitators
- Makes timely courseware updates and maintains source content
- Selects and uses a variety of techniques to define and sequence instructional content and strategies
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of deliverables and production process
- Develops course support materials and documentation
- Constructs assessment items appropriate to the associated learning objectives
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
- Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master's degree in instructional technology, educational technology, technical writing, graphic design, interactive media design or related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year developing instructor-led and self-study training in a corporate setting
- Experience developing technical content preferred
- Experience in various instructional approaches (web-based, instructor-led, or virtual instructor-led training) preferred
- Experience delivering instruction in a virtual or classroom environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of instructional design principles and practices to include:
- Instructional Systems Design
- Curriculum design
- Performance Improvement
- Performance Support Systems
- Adult learning theories
- Interactive technologies and eLearning design principles
- Distance learning– Self-paced instruction
- Evaluation methodologies
- Strong project management skills; Able to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook, various presentation tools (web conferencing, etc.), online learning programs and assessment tools. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio a plus
- Experience developing content in a Learning Content Management System
- Able to identify problems and break down complex concepts
- Able to take information from multiple sources and create ongoing performance-based training solutions
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is preferred
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 185 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.